MaceyThompson

Macey Thompson's Tales

I have recently become obsessed with collecting books for my future elementary classroom. I look forward to creating an online library of some of my favorites and planning how I will use each book in my classroom.

Llama Llama Time to Share

Llama Llama Time to Share - Anna Dewdney

Llama Llama Time to Share by Anna Dewdney is on a 1.5 AR level. This text about Llama getting a new neighbor, Nelly. Nelly comes over and Llama has difficulty sharing his Fuzzy Llama. Fuzzy Llama ends up ripping because the two pull on the toy. Mama fixes Fuzzy Llama, but Fuzzy Llama must sit on the steps until Llama and Nelly decide to share. After playing other activities and realizing playing together is enjoyable, the two decide it is time to share Fuzzy Llama. In the end, the two have a wonderful time and cannot wait for the next play date. I would read this text at the beginning of the year to encourage sharing in my classroom. I could also revisit this book if my students are struggling with sharing materials with classmates. Also, I would like to make a class chart on ways we can share. I would hang this chart somewhere visible for the students so the chart can serve as a reminder when sharing becomes difficult.