MaceyThompson

Macey Thompson's Tales

I have recently become obsessed with collecting books for my future elementary classroom. I look forward to creating an online library of some of my favorites and planning how I will use each book in my classroom.

The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School

The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School - Deborah Diesen

The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School is on a 2.9 AR level, but could undoubtedly be enjoyed by readers of many ages. The Pout-Pout Fish finds himself in many classes that are challenging for him and he starts to get upset. He is even to the devastating point of wanting to give up. However, Miss Hewitt informs him that his class is with her and they are in fact going to learn all of the things that he thought were "too hard" eventually. With Miss Hewitt, the Pout-Pout Fish has a wonderful day. I would like to read this book in my classroom at the beginning of the year. I would like to make a bulletin board using the quote from the book, "Fact One: You are smart. Fact Two: You can get it. Fact Three: You belong. So Four: Don't forget it!" I would have a class picture posted with the quote and also allow each student to sign their name to the board. I think this would be a great reminder for myself and the students to refer to throughout the school year.